At Cadence, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to make an impact on the world of technology.
- Candidate will own USB Controller Architecture / Protocol function in IPG/DIP and will be responsible for USB IP product definition and ensuring that we have an industry leading IP which is feature rich and delivers high performance. The individual will collaborate with the RTL design / implementation and verification teams in Poland and Bangalore for the implementation of the IP. The individual will collaborate with the marketing team to develop roadmaps for the USB IP, with the Verification IP team to have consistent roadmaps, with the Serdes team to standardize on the controller-Serdes interface, and with the validation team so that we are well prepared for all validation testing and certification.
- The person should have 20+ years hands-on experience in architecture, design and implementation of complex protocol designs and system implementations, of which at least 15+ years should in USB protocol.The most recent experience should be with USB 3.1 Gen2 or later, with at least 5 years of experience either as architect or strong contribution to the architecture definition of the design.
- Strong architecture and design skills, and communication/inter-personal skills are required.
- The individual needs to be a dynamic leader who can quickly drive change in existing design architecture, and work with the RTL implementation teams to implement these changes.
- Drive USB Protocol IP solution roadmap in collaboration with the marketing team to target multiple customer / market segments.
- Architect USB Protocol IP solutions as defined in the roadmap.
- Work with the USB Technical and Program management to define effort estimations and schedules which will help deliver a competitive IP.
- Mentor next level designers and technical leaders – and enable them to understand the USB IP protocol and design architecture, and to enable them to deliver a high-quality IP to the defined schedule. Work with the teams in micro-architecture discussions / definitions and help engineers with the implementation plans.
- Collaborate with the Verification IP team to ensure that the Design IP and Verification IP roadmaps are in sync – to enable the Design IP team to be able to verify their solution using the Cadence VIP offering.
- Collaborate with the validation team to define validation strategy, test requirements, and be responsible for achieving certification for the USB IP solutions from Cadence.
- Bring prior experience as a customer expert to Cadence, help translate an understanding of customer use models, and enable the design team to define and deliver effective solutions.
- Assist field team in pre-sales activities, be responsible for promoting Cadence USB IP solutions with customers, technical training presentations to customers and field teams.
- Explores future technologies and product offerings along with design and marketing teams.
- Expertise in USB protocol – with working knowledge of the protocol for 15+ years. Should be an expert in XHCI. Should have hands-in design and debug experience over many years. Should have system implementation understanding which can be used to define IP solutions that meet a wide range of system implementations.
- Expertise in architecture and RTL design / implementation with exposure to simulation/emulation/static-formal methods – with around 20+ years of experience in architecture / design and implementation of complex protocol solutions, with the most recent experience in USB3.1 and later.
- Good working knowledge of various verification concepts such as Verification architecture, coverage, checkers, test plan, etc. to be able to participate in vPlan reviews.
- Should have participated in SOCs environment technical planning and integration, validation planning and certification process. Prior hands-on experience in multiple tape-outs.
- Programming skills: C, Verilog, System Verilog mandatory.
- Very good debugging and analytical skills
- Should have played the role of a USB architect on recent projects. Having accountability for RTL delivery on projects is a plus.
- Prior experience in interfacing with customers for pre-sales and resolution of issues will be a plus.
Soft Skills / Managerial Skills
- Strong communication/inter-personal skills.
- Experience collaborating with and leading high performing teams.
- Being productive working in Functionally-aligned, as well as, Matrix-aligned organizations.
- Collaborates daily with PEs, AEs, peers, account leaders and internal partners.
- Typically interacts with high-level Individual Contributors, Managers, Applications Engineers
- Familiarity with Cadence tools/flows will be a plus.
- Acts as gatekeeper for product completeness, to flag and bring visibility to product gaps and issues.
- Decision Making Impact -Impacts work of the project team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and Policies
Education, Experience and certifications
We’re doing work that matters. Help us solve what others can’t.
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with 20+ years hands-on experience in architecture, design and implementation of complex protocol designs and system implementations, of which at least 15+ years should in USB protocol.