At Cadence, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to make an impact on the world of technology.
The role will be based in our new Cork office. Initial responsibility for the candidate will be working with the project team as IT on the ground as part of the fit out of the new building. Engineer will be supporting 65 staff in the first phase with an expectation to support 130 staff onsite by the end of 2021. The local office will encompass multiple highly technical research and development teams. The team onsite will work primarily out of remote datacenters hosting Cadence hardware or on the cloud with multiple vendors. The roles and responsibilities are highly diverse from supporting our internal service desk with onsite day to day issues pertaining to all aspects of IT onsite while also support the remote work environments our teams will be developing. As part of a global IT team you will be working on global projects, working with our teams to support our datacenters, our infrastructure and our user base directly.
- Front line on the ground local support for all aspects of IT at the new Cork site.
- IT on the ground driving the setup of the new Cork location.
- Ability to work on windows\Linux installations, maintenance, service and break-fix issues.
- Would be required to work remotely to use Unix/Linux administration skills to resolve issues at other Cadence global offices.
- Member of the EMEA Datacentre and farm support team. The successful candidate will need to understand and work with Cadence compute environment comprising of LDAP/NIS authentication, NetApp (but not only) storage, virtualized servers/desktops, compute farms, monitoring, LSF, licensing, firewalls, etc.
- Work with farm support team to Identify and rectify issues in our server farm: monitoring, licenses, storage and LSF
- Assist users in daily problem solving and act as an escalation point to our service desk that relate to local issues to site.
- Will be required to work occasional unusual hours based on emergencies and maintenance needs.
- Support local R&D teams including global team providing cloud solutions to our customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years’ continued experience in IT role preferable within multinational.
- Experience managing windows & Linux systems in global environment
- Experience with virtualization and cloud solutions
- Experience with configuration management tools and application orchestration using Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experience with monitoring tools enterprise and/or open source
- Project management experience is highly desirable, plus the ability to drive and own initiatives is essential
- Experience with all aspects of server’s hardware.
- Deep OS and configuration troubleshooting.
- Hands on UNIX\Linux infrastructure NFS/LDAP/DNS servers
- Solid understanding HPC cluster management, jobs/queue monitoring, controlling, prioritizing, tracking, tuning and troubleshooting, preferred from EDA or semiconductors industry. IBM LSF knowledge is highly desirableA team player who will be a main channel in IT/R&D communication for the Cork site.
- Knowledge application stack like ELK, Grafana, Cacti
- Project oriented engineer who believes that everything is possible
- Excellent communication skills which will be required to engage with senior R&D and IT staff across the globe.
- Ability to understand and dictate R&D needs while architecting the best solution based on given limitations.
- Cloud solutions and architecture knowledge required in order to support needs of local engineer Cloud team.
- Datacentre support experience – FARM technology including DRM (LSF), storage, virtualisation
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot networking problems.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools.
- Familiarity with hyper converged solutions specifically Nutanix.
- Background with one or more scripting/automation languages: Perl, Python, Linux shell scripting.
- Network knowledge, ability explain packet sniffer tools, ports and sockets definitions.
- Strong background with one or more scripting/automation languages: Perl, Python, Linux shell scripting.
- Experience working with enterprise NFS storage solutions would be highly desirable
- Strong background with datacenter support including servers HW
- Hands on HPC/compute farm management with enterprise grid solutions
Cadence is committed to equal employment opportunity and employment equity throughout all levels of the organization. We strive to attract a qualified and diverse candidate pool and encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Travel: >5% (ensure to call out relevant travel %)We’re doing work that matters. Help us solve what others can’t.