At Cadence, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to make an impact on the world of technology.
As a Principal Design Engineer you will be responsible for post silicon Validation, testing and characterization. Additionally, you will own an in-depth silicon bring-up, functional validation and PVT characterization of DDR IP and Memory sub-system interface. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collect structured test measurement data and perform data analysis
- Develop and execute comprehensive test plan using high-end equipment (scopes, BERTs)
- Participate in validation and characterization of critical sub-blocks like high-speed IOs, DDR Power management system etc.
- Develop and optimize comprehensive test automation
- Participate in collateral development (characterization reports)
- Work closely with other DDR teams to understand chip architecture, hierarchy and provide feedback on silicon performance, margin to designed specification for helping improve and fine tune IP design
Qualification and Required Skills:
We’re doing work that matters. Help us solve what others can’t.
- M.S. or BSC Electrical/Computer Engineering (or similar degree)
- A minimum of 5 years of relative experience
- Strong debug and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience with Silicon validation and characterization of DDR subsystems
- Prior hands-on experience with high-end lab equipment such as Scopes, BERTs, AWGs, temperature controllers, programmable power supplies
- Prior experience with test automation program development (using C/C++)
- Prior experience with PCB design, debug and signal integrity will be helpful
- Good understanding of electrical signaling aspects
- Ability to clearly communicate technical challenges.
- Experience with DDR memories desirable
- Knowledge of SOC platforms
- Strong communications skills