At Cadence, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to make an impact on the world of technology.
The Lead Field Service Engineer will install, troubleshoot, and maintain Cadence hardware emulation platforms. This person will serve as the hardware technical representative providing pro-active onsite support at end user customer locations both domestic and international. Identifies, analyzes and repairs hardware, firmware, network and other issues. Schedules part replacements and maintenance with customers as needed. Relies on experience and judgment to accomplish goals and ensure customer satisfaction. Reports to Director of Field Service Engineering.
- Primary contact for all hardware related issues
- Planning and Installation of new equipment at customer sites
- Troubleshoot/diagnose and repair hardware and other problems, escalate issues when appropriate
- Document all work processes as required
- Establish a strong supportive relationship with customers
- Inventory control
- Work with Field Service team and other Cadence groups to improve processes and procedures
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or related field
- Previous experience as Linux/Unix administrator preferred
- Familiarity with Linux Shell Skills (use grep, sed, awk, find, etc)
- Experience with server scripting tools including perl/bash/sh/tcsh/csh or some combination desired
- Deeply familiar with networking including installation/configuration of routers, switches and firewalls.
- Proficient with troubleshooting network issues tools
- Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Willingness to travel frequently both domestically and internationally including for short notice emergency service events
- Current passport is required with no travel limitations
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
Full training will be provided, however any experience in the following areas would be advantageous:
We’re doing work that matters. Help us solve what others can’t.
- Debugging and repair in a board/system level environment.
- Familiarity with liquid cooled systems and associated repairs
- Experience with Field Service DB SW such as Xfracas, Salesforce, Servicemax